After graduating in 1995 from the University of Melbourne (Bachelor of Art) and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (Bachelor of Fine Art -Sculpture) in 1998 Maudie pursued a career in the Film and Television Industry and over the course of the next 12 years learnt a wide range of skills within the Art and Construction Departments where she developed a love for sculpting.
Realising there was much more to learn specifically about figurative sculpture she sought out some of the best training on offer in 2013 at the Florence Academy of Art. In 2016 she completed the Figurative Sculpture Diploma at FAA with a student teaching scholarship, and continues to teach for the sculpture department.
Awards include Joint Winner for the Tom Bass Prize 2016, Best Nude for her Life Size sculpture ‘Laura’ at the 12th ARC International Salon Competition, and Honorable Mention for ‘Muninn’s Fate’ in the 13th ARC Salon. ‘Laura’ was purchased by Museo Europeo de Arte Moderno (‘MEAM’, Barcelona) in 2017 for their Permanent Collection.
2016 Certificate in Figurative Sculpture, Florence Academy of Art, Italy.
1998 Bachelor of Fine Art (Sculpture), RMIT University
1997 Associate Diploma of Music (Flute), Melbourne. Australian Music Examinations Board.
1995 Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art and Cultural Studies Mjr), The University of Melbourne
Currently I am employed at the Florence Academy of Art in Italy as a teacher in the Sculpture Program (Director of Sculpture Program Mitch Shea, Director of Academy Daniel Graves).
I have worked in the Film and Television Industry before this since 2000.
Awards and Exhibitions
- 13th International ARC Salon Exhibition The Museo Europe de Arte Moderno (MEAM), Barcelona (‘Muninn’s Fate’, Honorable Mention) – 13th Annual ARC Salon
- Finalist in The Tom Bass Prize (‘Reflection’) Sydney Juniper Hall, Paddington (2-25 March 2018) – The Tom Bass Prize for Figurative Sculpture 2018
- Finalist in the International Figurativas ’17 Exhibition. The Museo Europeo de Arte Moderno (MEAM), Barcelona (‘Muninn’s Fate’, ‘Wounded Faun’, ‘Laura’ displayed) – FIGURATIVAS 2017
- ‘The Shape of Beauty’ Group Exhibition of Florence Academy of Art Alumni. Palazzo Salomone Piccolomini, Pienza, Italy – Biagiotti per l’Arte (Facebook).
- Finalist in The Adelaide Perry Drawing Prize 2017 For ‘Let The Right One In’ Charcoal and White Chalk on Toned Paper – THE 2017 PERRY PRIZE
- Winner of Best Nude award 12th Annual International ARC Salon For ‘Laura’ life size sculpture – 2016 ARC SALON AWARD
- Joint Winner of The Tom Bass Prize for Figurative Sculpture For ‘Geoffrey’ (Portrait of Geoffrey Rush) TOM BASS PRIZE FOR FIGURATIVE SCULPTURE
- Finalist in The Adelaide Perry Drawing Prize 2016 For ‘Iacopo’ Charcoal and White Chalk on Toned Paper – ADELAIDE PERRY PRIZE FOR DRAWING